When storing your vaulable goods for long periods of time either at home or a storage facility moisture can be of concern. High humidity in the air can cause excess moisture which can then damage your books, clothing, electonic equipment and tools. In addition moisture encourages the growth of mould and mildew.
What can you do to to reduce or prevent moisture when storing:
- Cover your goods in transit to keep them clean and dry
- Clean or dry wet and damp items before placing them in storage
- Do not store any items already infected with mould and/or mildew
- Keep storage area ventiliated and dry
- Conduct regular checks of stored goods
- Look at commercial moisture absorbing products like Esorb mineral desiccants